The Department is now accepting marijuana license applications
When can I apply?
The application period runs from May 15 through May 31, 2017.
Who can apply?
For cultivation, production, lab, and retail store licenses, the following may apply:
- Existing Nevada Medical Marijuana Establishments that hold valid registration certificates and:
o Are in “good standing” as defined by marijuana regulation T002-17, including but not limited to:
- All licenses, certificates, and fees are current and paid
- No registration certificate suspension for enforcement violations since January 1, 2017
- No citations for illegal activity or criminal conduct
- Plans of correction are complete and on time, or are in progress
o Have filed a medical marijuana tax return and paid the tax on or before May 31, 2017
Medical Marijuana Establishments can only apply for the same license type(s) for which they currently hold registration certificates, and only for the same number of those license(s). For example, if an MME holds 1 cultivation registration certificate and 1 production registration certificate, they may apply for 1 retail cultivation license and 1 retail production license.
For distribution licenses, the following may apply:
- Persons holding a liquor wholesaler dealer license pursuant to NRS 369 (“person” has the meaning ascribed to it in NRS 0.039)
- Medical Marijuana Establishments that meet the criteria listed above
- Those who are currently in the business of transporting medical marijuana and whose employees hold valid agent cards pursuant to NRS 453A.332
After the application deadline, the Department will make a sufficiency determination regarding distributor licenses.
How do I apply?
Existing Medical Marijuana Establishments must complete a “Nevada State Marijuana Establishment License Application” for each license and location for which they want to apply.
Liquor wholesaler dealers and those currently in the business of transporting medical marijuana must complete a “Nevada State Marijuana Distributor License Application.”
Applicants should follow all instructions listed in their packet and include all the required supplemental forms.
Completed applications can be brought to any Taxation office and must include:
- $5,000 application fee, and
- The amount for the license fee:
o $20,000 for Retail Store
o $30,000 for Cultivation
o $10,000 for Production
o $15,000 for Testing Lab
o $15,000 for Distribution
If your application is denied, the Department will refund the license fee(s) you paid. The $5,000 application fee is non-refundable.
What if I have question?
Contact the Department of Taxation Call Center at (866) 962-3707.