OPEN A DISPENSARY IN MARYLAND
Maryland Governor signed twin bills HB 991 and SB 923 on April 14, 2014 legalizing medical cannabis in the state of Maryland. The Natalie M. LaPrade Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission is responsible for regulating the state’s medical cannabis program. Three different types of business licenses were available to apply for – dispensing, growing and processing medical cannabis. The application submission deadline was on Nov 6th, 2015. License awardees are expected to be announced by Summer of 2016 and the state should expect medical cannabis to be accessible to patients by late of 2016.
MEDICAL CANNABIS DISPENSARY APPLICATION
Preparing for Phase 2 of the Maryland Application Process
In the event your team is pre-approved for a license and progresses to Phase 2 of the dispensary application process, you will need to begin to gather the following information.
- – An audited financial statement for the applicant and for each individual, partnership, corporation, or other entity review that has invested, or is proposed to invest, 5 percent or more of the capital of the applicant;
- – Payment of the stage 2 application fee of $4,000
- – The party applying for the license must register all dispensary agents by submitting to the Commission:
- -The name, address, date of birth and SSN of a dispensary agent;
- -Documentation of the submission of fingerprints of the dispensary agent to the Central Registry and;
- -The request for the criminal history record information of the dispensary agent to be forwarded to the Commission.
- – Evidence that the proposed premises:
- – Are under the legal control of the applicant;
- – Comply with all zoning and planning requirements; and
- – Conform to the specifications of the application as pre-approved
- – Evidence that all inspections are passed and all of the applicant’s operations conform to the specifications of the application as pre-approved.
Other steps could include raising capital, construction of facilities, installation of equipment and systems and the hiring and training of staff.
Business plans you might require to submit as well as recommended plans by our industry experts to help make your application stand out include:
- – Dispensary Policies & Procedures
- – Cultivation Policies & Procedures
- – Processing Policies & Procedures
- – Suitability of Proposed Facility Plan
- – Product Safety & Quality Assurance Plan
- – Employee Handbook
- – Clinical Director Manual
- – Accounting & Tax Compliance
- – New Patient Orientation
- – HIPAA Training
- – Compliance Checklist
Are you pre-approved applicant and need help with Phase 2 of the Maryland application process? Dispensary Permits offers business consulting for marijuana facilities. Contact us at email@example.com for a complimentary phone consultation.
The state is not currently accepting any new applications for marijuana businesses. In the event the state decides to reopen the application process and you would like to be notified, sign up for our emailing list here. In the meantime, review the information below to prepare yourself and stay ahead of the game.
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Roadmap To Success, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to application submission.
2. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Cultivation Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
Refer to map for states with current and/or upcoming application opportunities to apply for medical marijuana licenses.
DEMOGRAPHICS – MARYLAND
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.