OPEN A DISPENSARY IN ARKANSAS
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Roadmap To Success, a detailed summary and checklist of all action items you need to complete prior to moving forward with an application submission for a marijuana business license.
2. Educate yourself on what it really takes to operate a marijuana dispensary/cultivation facility. Purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Business Plan, Operational Plan, Security Plan, Staffing Plan, Cultivation Plan, etc.)
3. Let us guide you through the entire application process to secure a dispensary/cultivation license with our Custom Solutions Package, contact us for more info.
On November 8th, 2016, the residents of Arkansas voted on and passed an Initiative (Issue 6) to legalize medical marijuana. On November 9th, 2016, Issue 6 went into effect making medical marijuana legal in Arkansas for patients suffering from qualified medical conditions (listed below).
There are three local government agencies regulating the state’s Medical Marijuana Program (Program), each of which have been tasked to regulate different aspects of the Program:
Arkansas Department of Health (DOH): Tasked to regulate Patient and Caregiver activities within the Program. The DOH developed the Rules and Regulations Governing Medical Marijuana Registration, Testing, and Labeling in Arkansas.
Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC): Tasked to regulate marijuana businesses and developing the Rules and Regulations Governing the Oversight of Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities and Dispensaries.
Arkansas Medical Marijuana Commission (MMC): In collaboration with the ABC, tasked to regulate marijuana businesses. The MMC developed the Rules and Regulations Governing the Application for Issuance and Renewal of Licenses for Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facilities and Dispensaries in Arkansas.
Read the entire text of Issue 6 also known as The Arkansas Medical Marijuana Amendment 2016 here:
Marijuana Business Overview:
Medical Marijuana Cultivation Facility:
- – Allowed to cultivate, prepare, manufacture, process, package, sell and deliver usable marijuana to Arkansas state licensed dispensaries.
- – No more than 5 cultivation licenses to be issued in each public health district
- – Cultivation real estate must be not less than 3,000 feet from any school, church or daycare center.
- – No more than 1 license shall be issued to any entity.
- – Application fee has been set at $15,000 (half of the application fee will be returned if the application for a cultivation facility is not approved).
- – Within 7 days of receiving written notice of selection from the commission, the selected applicant shall submit a license fee of $100,000.00 in cash or certified funds as well as a performance bond in the amount of $500,000.00.
- – Allowed to acquire, possess, manufacture, process, prepare, deliver, transfer, transport, supply and dispense medical marijuana to qualifying patients and caregivers.
- – No more than 32 dispensary licenses shall be awarded within the “8 dispensary zones”
- – Dispensary location may not be any less than 1,500 feet from a school, church or daycare center.
- – No more than 1 license shall be issued to any entity.
- – The application fee for dispensary licenses is set at $7,500 (half the application fee will be refunded if the license is not granted).
- – There is a two-tier licensing scheme for dispensaries:
- – One tier will be comprised of those dispensaries that intend to grow marijuana – a dispensary may opt to grow fifty (50) mature marijuana plants.
- – A second tier will be comprised of those dispensaries that do not intend to grow marijuana.
- – The applicant will be required to declare their intent to grow or not grow at the time the application is submitted.
- – Within 7 days of receiving written notice of selection from the commission, the selected applicant shall submit a license fee of $15,000.00 in cash or certified funds as well as a performance bond in the amount of $100,000.00.
Dispensary/Cultivation License Application:
Application to obtain a permit will include the submission of items such as:
- – Organizational Chart and description of responsibilities
- – Criminal History Checks
- – Real estate information
- – Financial Plan
- – Inventory Management Plan
- – Security Plan
- – and more
November 8th, 2016 – Issue 6 passed
November 9th, 2016 – Law took effect
February 21st, 2017 – Draft regulations released
May of 2017 – Final Regulations published
July to September of 2017 – Application submissions (90 Day Window)
Increase your chances of success by hiring a Medical Marijuana Application Consultant! Email us at Info@DispensaryPermits.com or call at 602-621-0648 for a complimentary 20-minute consultation.
The Arkansas Marijuana Business Application Process requires that you have specific essential plans when submitting your application. Learn more about the required and recommended business plans for Pennsylvania below.
REQUIRED ARKANSAS BUSINESS PLANS FOR DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- –Dispensary Business Plan
- –Financial Plan
- –Security Plan
- –Inventory Control Plan
- –Staffing Plan
- –Operations Plan
- –Suitability of Proposed Facility Plan
- –Cultivation Facility Plan
RECOMMENDED ARKANSAS BUSINESS PLANS FOR MARIJUANA DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- –Environmental Plan
- –Fire Safety Plan
- –Product Safety Plan
- Marketing & Advertising Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Record Keeping Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Transportation Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
Interested in opening a marijuana facility in Arkansas? Don’t wait, start now and let us guide you through the process. Contact Us!
DEMOGRAPHICS – ARKANSAS
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.