OPEN A DISPENSARY IN DC
On November 4, 2014, Washington DC legalized recreational marijuana when voters approved Initiative 71. Five cultivation centers and three dispensaries were awarded licenses to grow and sell marijuana and are currently operational. The Department of Health regulates the marijuana program and will announce if or when they deem necessary to reopen the application process to add to the existing facilities.
In the event the state decides to reopen the application process and you would like to be notified, sign up for our emailing list here. In the meantime, review the information below to prepare yourself and stay ahead of the game.
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Download and read our FREE Guide To Getting Started In The Cannabis Industry
2. Purchase our Roadmap To Success, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to application submission.
3. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Cultivation Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
The DC Marijuana Business Application Process requires that you have specific essential plans when submitting your application. Learn more about the required and recommended business plans for DC below.
REQUIRED D.C BUSINESS PLANS FOR DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- Dispensary Business Plan
- Financial Plan
- Security Plan
- Inventory Control Plan
- Staffing Plan
- Operations Plan
- Suitability of Proposed Facility Plan
- Cultivation Facility Plan
- Community Engagement Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Policies & Procedures
RECOMMENDED D.C BUSINESS PLANS FOR MARIJUANA DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- Environmental Plan
- Fire Safety Plan
- Product Safety Plan
- Marketing & Advertising Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Record Keeping Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Transportation Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
Refer to map for states with current and/or upcoming application opportunities to apply for medical marijuana licenses.
Are you an existing licensee holder and need help with the setup of your marijuana facility such as staffing, training or branding? Dispensary Permits offers business consulting for marijuana facilities. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary phone consultation.
DEMOGRAPHICS – DC
Let us know you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry