OPEN A DISPENSARY IN LOUISIANA
Dispensary Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Roadmap To Success, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to moving forward with an application submission for a marijuana business license.
2. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Dispensary Business Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
3. Let us guide you through the entire application process with our Custom Solutions Package. Contact Us for a complimentary consultation.
Gov. Bobby Jindal signed SB 143 on June 29, 2015 amending therefore re-enacting the 1991 Alison Neustrom Act- allowing Louisiana’s physicians to prescribe medical marijuana to qualifying patients. The act only covered 3 conditions to qualify a patient for medical marijuana possession and use which are suffering from spastic quadriplegia, cancer and/or glaucoma. In May of 2016, a bill to expand the medical marijuana program in the state passed expanding the list of qualifying medical conditions and speeding up the growing and distribution process in order provide patients with access to medicine quicker. Read the entire bill here.
The Louisiana Board of Pharmacy was tasked to regulate the dispensary program. Only existing pharmacies are allowed to dispense medical marijuana and a single production facility will be responsible for growing, which either or both of the Louisiana State University and Southern University have first right of refusal to collaboratively or separately grow medical marijuana. Not more than 10 pharmacies may obtain licenses to dispense marijuana within the state. The Louisiana Board of Pharmacy has until December of 2016 to develop the rules for dispensing, supply, quality, testing and licensure for the program. In the meantime, the latest laws and regulations pertaining to dispensaries in Louisiana can be found here under “Therapeutic Use of Marijuana”.
The Louisiana Dispensary Application Process requires that you have specific essential plans when submitting your application. Learn more about the required and recommended business plans for Louisiana below.
REQUIRED LOUISIANA BUSINESS PLANS FOR DISPENSARY APPLICATION:
- Inventory Control Plan
- Patient Record Keeping Plan
- Security Plan
- Patient Education Plan
- Financial Plan
RECOMMENDED LOUISIANA BUSINESS PLANS FOR MARIJUANA DISPENSARY APPLICATION:
- Marketing & Advertising Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Administration Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Product Labeling & Analysis Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Edible and Infusion Bakery Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Cleaning & Sanitation Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Transportation Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
Custom solutions for select plans available, email Info@DispensaryPermits.com for more information.
Interested in opening a medical marijuana facility in Louisiana? Don’t wait, start now and let us guide you through the process. Contact Us!
DEMOGRAPHICS – LOUISIANA
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.