OPEN A DISPENSARY IN MASSACHUSETTS
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Dispensary Application Guide, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to moving forward with an application submission for a marijuana business license.
2. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Cultivation Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
Medical Marijuana Program Overview:
In Nov 2012, voters approved Question 3 making Massachusetts the 18th to enact a compassionate medical marijuana program. Opening a Massachusetts medical marijuana treatment center (dispensary) or becoming a cultivation facility producer (cultivation registration) was available to just 35 sites. One Massachusetts medical marijuana treatment center per county with a maximum of 5 in any given county. Only 15 out of the allowed 35 licenses were awarded.
The state reopened the application submission process for the second time on June 29th, 2015 for non profit organizations to apply for a Certificate of Registration to operate a Registered Marijuana Dispensary (RMD). There is currently no deadline for application submissions, as the department will review applications on a rolling basis in the order received. Unlike many other states, the applicants are not scored but reviewed and awarded based on if they comply with Chapter 369 and the regulations.
Recreational Marijuana Overview:
Question 4, a measure to legalize recreational marijuana on the Nov 2016 ballot will allow for the following if passed:
- Adults 21 and older can possess up to an ounce of marijuana, keep up to 10 ounces of marijuana at home and grow up to six plants.
- Marijuana sold in licensed shops would be subject to an excise tax of 3.75 percent in addition to Massachusetts’ 6.25 percent state sales tax.
- The initiative allows for the creation of a 15-member cannabis advisory board to study and make recommendations on regulations and marijuana products.
- Individual counties, cities, and towns would have the ability to enact additional taxes as well as bans on recreational marijuana operations.
DEMOGRAPHICS – MASSACHUSETTS
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.