OPEN A DISPENSARY IN NORTH DAKOTA
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Dispensary Application Guide, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to application submission for a dispensary/cultivation license.
2. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Cultivation Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
3. Let us guide you through the entire application process with our Custom Solutions Package. Contact Us for a complimentary consultation.
Medical Marijuana Program Overview:
On November 8 2016, North Dakota passed Measure 5 (North Dakota Compassionate Care Act) allowing for the establishment of a legal medical marijuana program in North Dakota. Registered patients suffering from 17 qualifying medical conditions will be able to access the medicine from up to ten compassion centers that will be authorized to grow, process and dispense medical marijuana within the state. The North Dakota Department of Health (Department) has been tasked to regulate the program.
Link to Regulations: http://www.legis.nd.gov/cencode/t19c24-1.pdf
Regulating Departments: The North Dakota Department of Health
- Link to Medical Marijuana Program Website: https://www.ndhealth.gov/MM/
Compassion Centers (Medical Marijuana Businesses):
- Two (2) licenses for manufacturer facilities will be issued. A Manufacturer licensee will be authorized to produce, process and to sell usable marijuana to dispensaries. There is a non-refundable $5,000 application fee to submit a proposal (application) and a $110,000 certification fee upon issuance of license.
- Up to eight (8) dispensary licenses will be issued. A Dispensary licensee will be authorized to dispense usable marijuana to registered qualifying patients and caregivers. There is a non-refundable $5,000 application fee to submit a proposal (application) and a $90,000 certification fee upon issuance of license.
Zoning: All manufacturing and dispensing facilities shall not be located within one thousand (1,000) feet of the property line of a preexisting public or private school.
Application Process for Compassion Centers: The Department will issue a Request for Proposal (RFP) for purpose of registering up to ten compassion centers (two manufacturing facilities and up to eight dispensaries) in the state of North Dakota. The Department anticipates accepting proposals from August until September, 2017. Items requested for the proposal/application include, but are not limited to:
- – Business overview and plan
- – Physical Facilities
- – Operations
- – Ownership and financial structure
- – Bonus points (for example):
- 1. Patient services plan
- 2. Employee working standards
- 3. Research plan
- 4.Environmental plan
In order to identify the number of potential proposals in response to the RFP, the Department is requesting that all interested entities submit a letter of intent by 5:00 p.m. CST on July 28, 2017. Submitting a letter is not mandatory but encouraged, there are no fees to submit a letter.
November 8, 2016 – Measure 5 passed enacting the North Dakota Compassion Care Act
April of 2017 – Regulations for the Act approved
July 28, 2017 – Submission deadline to submit a Letter of Intent to submit a Proposal for a Compassion Center
August – September 2017 – Department accepting Proposals for Compassion Centers
November of 2017 – Department to select Compassion Center licensees
By Summer of 2018 – Patient access to medical marijuana
The North Dakota Marijuana Business Proposal (Application) Process requires that you have specific essential plans when submitting your proposal. Learn more about the required and recommended business plans for North Dakota below.
REQUIRED NORTH DAKOTA BUSINESS PLANS FOR DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION PROPOSAL:
RECOMMENDED NORTH DAKOTA BUSINESS PLANS FOR MARIJUANA DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- -Marketing & Advertising Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- -Administration Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- -Product Labeling & Analysis Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- -Edible and Infusion Bakery Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- -Cleaning & Sanitation Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- -Transportation Plan – CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
For all available Business Plan Templates, please visit MMJ.com
Custom solutions for select plans available, email Info@DispensaryPermits.com for more information.
Interested in opening a medical marijuana facility in North Dakota? Don’t wait, start now and let us guide you through the process. Contact Us for a complimentary consultation.
DEMOGRAPHICS – NORTH DAKOTA
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.