OPEN A DISPENSARY IN WEST VIRGINIA
Dispensary/Cultivation Application Tools and Services:
1. Purchase our Application Guide & Checklist, a detailed summary and checklist of all the action items you will need to complete prior to moving forward with an application submission for a marijuana business license.
2. Browse and purchase our Marijuana Business Plan Templates (Cultivation Plan, Operations Plan, Security Plan etc.)
3. Let us guide you through the entire application process with our Custom Solutions Package. Contact Us for a complimentary consultation.
On April 19th, 2017, Gov. Jim Justice signed Senate Bill 386, a medical marijuana bill into law allowing for the medicinal use of marijuana for qualifying patients.
The Bureau of Public Health is tasked with regulating the new law, including the development of the program’s rules and regulations, medical marijuana growers, processors, and dispensaries. Patients with qualifying medical conditions will only be allowed to use extracts, tinctures, and other preparations of marijuana.
The law allows for up to 10 grower permits (with up to two locations each), up to 10 processor permits, and no more than 30 dispensary permits. Medical cannabis organizations will be required to use seed-to-sale tracking of cannabis and to meet rules regarding delivery, transportation, recordkeeping, security, and surveillance.
Applicants will pay $2,500 per dispensary application and $5,000 per grower or processor application. Registration fees are $10,000 for each dispensary location and $50,000 for grower and processors. A 10% tax is levied on sales from growers/processors to dispensaries.
The West Virginia Marijuana Business Application Process requires that you have specific essential plans when submitting your application. Learn more about the required and recommended business plans for West Virginia below.
REQUIRED WEST VIRGINIA BUSINESS PLANS FOR DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- Dispensary Business Plan
- Financial Plan
- Security Plan
- Inventory Control Plan
- Staffing Plan
- Operations Plan
- Suitability of Proposed Facility Plan
- Cultivation Facility Plan
- Community Engagement Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Policies & Procedures
RECOMMENDED WEST VIRGINIA BUSINESS PLANS FOR MARIJUANA DISPENSARY/CULTIVATION APPLICATION:
- Environmental Plan
- Fire Safety Plan
- Product Safety Plan
- Marketing & Advertising Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Record Keeping Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
- Transportation Plan-CUSTOM SOLUTIONS AVAILABLE
Interested in opening a marijuana facility in West Virginia? Don’t wait, start now and let us guide you through the process. Contact Us!
DEMOGRAPHICS – WEST VIRGINIA
Let us know how you would like to get involved in the marijuana industry.