Status: In Virginia, qualified patients may possess and use CBD extracts. State licensed pharmaceutical processors may cultivate, process, and dispense the CBD extracts to patients.
|CBD Program||Medical Program||Recreational Program||Are Applications Open?|
|Legal||Not legal||Not legal||closed|
Number of Virginia Licenses Available
Virginia Medical Marijuana Processor Guidelines
A Pharmaceutical Processor license is required to operate a facility that cultivates Cannabis plants intended only for the production of cannabidiol oil or THC-A oil, produces cannabidiol oil or THC-A oil, and dispenses cannabidiol oil or THC-A oil to a registered patient or, if such patient is a minor or an incapacitated adult as defined in § 18.2-369, such patient’s parent or legal guardian.
- A pharmaceutical processor shall dispense only cannabidiol oil and THC-A oil that has been cultivated and produced on the premises of such pharmaceutical processor.
- A non-refundable application fee of $10,000 is due at the time of application submission.
- An initial permit fee of $60,000 is due prior to the issuance of the permit.
- The permit is valid for one year and may be renewed annually pursuant to Board regulations for continued operation
REQUIRED VIRGINIA MARIJUANA BUSINESS PLANS FOR PHARMACEUTICAL PROCESSOR LICENSE:
- Virginia Marijuana Business Plan Package
- Business & Operations Plan Template
- Cultivation Plan Template
- Manufacturing/Processing Plan Template
- Environmental Plan Template
- Financial Plan Template
- Fire Safety Plan Template
- Inventory Control Plan Template
- Patient Education Plan Template
- Patient Recordkeeping Plan Template
- Product Safety Plan Template
- Security Plan Template
- Staffing Plan Template
- Suitability of Proposed Plan Template
- Transportation Plan Template